We all know that all our organs, muscles, tissues, and hormones are made up of proteins. Proteins are utilized to develop and grow every part of our body. So, it is evident that protein is certainly the most important nutrient and we must include good quality protein in our daily diet.
Time and again, the importance of consuming protein rich meal has been emphasized and it is very well known that protein deficiency can wreak havoc on our system.
A high protein diet aids in weight management, stabilizes blood glucose levels, improves concentration span and ability to learn, gives clarity to understand, improves energy levels, muscle mass and bone health, and aids in nutrient absorption.
A high protein diet fills you up nicely and leaves you satiated for a prolonged duration without any episode of mood swings that occur due to fluctuating blood sugar levels. Thus, it is very important to eat right kind of foods that are high in protein content and benefit your health.
Below is a list of high protein foods that you must include in your diet.
- Grass fed beef provides 22g of protein in every 3 ounce serving and is one of the highest quality protein food available. It is also a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and reduces the risk of heart ailments and improves blood glucose level.
- Organic chicken provides 21g of protein in every 3 ounce serving and is a good source of B Vitamins and aids in lowering cardiovascular diseases, managing diabetes, maintains brain health and lowers LDL cholesterol level.
- Bone broth provides 20g of protein in every ¼ cup serving and is packed with amino acids that detoxifies gut and maintain gut health, bone joint health, boosts the immune system and reduces cellulite. It also contains good quantities of mineral such as potassium, magnesium, selenium and calcium.
- Lentils provide 18g of protein in every 1 cup serving and are the best substitute for vegetarians and vegans. Apart from protein, it is also rich in essential minerals, B Vitamins, and dietary fiber. It is beneficial to maintain cardiovascular health, blood sugar level, aids in digestion and maintains the pH level of our body.
- Wild fish such as wild caught salmon provides 17g of protein in every 3 ounce serving and is high in omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, selenium, and potassium. It also benefits the health of brain, heart, bones, eyes, and skin.
- Beans such as black beans provide 15g of protein in 1 cup serving and are an excellent source of dietary fiber that has a high satiety value, manages blood sugar level and cleanses the digestive tract.
- Natto provides 15g of protein in ½ cup serving and is a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and minerals including iron and copper.
- Eggs provide 7g of protein in 1 large egg serve and contains all 9 essential amino acids to boost heart health, skin health, aids in weight loss and prevents metabolic syndrome.
- Yogurt or kefir provides 6-9g of protein in 6 ounce serving and provides beneficial probiotics that support gut health, digestion and absorption of nutrients. It also boosts immunity, aids in weight loss and manages mood swings.
- Raw cheese such as goat cheese provides 7g of protein in 1 ounce serving and is easier to digest because it is made up of goat milk that contains A2 casein protein. It also promotes nutrient absorption, boosts energy level and lowers bad cholesterol level.
- Almonds provide 5g of protein in a ¼ cup serving and contain powerful antioxidants, unsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, riboflavin, and magnesium. It also maintains heart, brain and skin health, reduces inflammation and controls blood sugar level.