- Fresh strawberries 500 gr
- Pure alcohol 500 ml (2 cups)
- Granulated sugar 400 gr (2 cups)
- Water 300 ml (1 ⅓ cups)
Homemade strawberry liqueur is a fragrant and delicious fruity liqueur with an intense red color, excellent to be served fresh to friends and relatives at the end of a meal. To make it you will only need fresh strawberries, granulated sugar, water and alcohol. The strawberries will have to macerate for 20 days in alcohol, before adding the sugar syrup, mix and taste. It's a simple preparation that will allow you to obtain a sweet and delicate liqueur that everyone will love. Once ready you can store it for months. It's also excellent as a gift idea for your loved ones, to be used diluted to flavor fruit salads or to wet ladyfingers and sponge cakes for your sweet preparations. So let’s see all the steps to prepare it.
How to make Homemade Strawberry Liqueur
Wash the strawberries under running water (1).
Remove the stalk and cut them into slices (2).
Put them in an airtight glass jar, add the pure alcohol (3) and close. Let it rest for at least 20 days in a dark place.
After the necessary time, prepare the syrup. Put the saucepan with water and granulated sugar on the heat (4) and stir until it boils. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
Filter the alcohol through a colander (5), pour it into the cold syrup and mix.
Transfer the liqueur into the bottle, letting it rest for at least 2 days before enjoying it. Your strawberry liqueur is ready to serve (6).
– For the preparation, use fresh and ripe strawberries and wash them gently, removing the stalk only afterwards, to avoid damaging them.
– If you want to make your strawberry liqueur even more fragrant, also macerate a vanilla pod with strawberries and alcohol.
– To obtain a strawberry liqueur with a clear color, add the alcohol to the sugar syrup only when it is very cold. Otherwise you will get an opaque liqueur.
– If you want to make an alcoholic cocktail based on fresh strawberries, try the strawberry caipiroska, a fresh and refined drink ready in 5 minutes.
How to store Homemade Strawberry Liqueur
Once opened, you can store the strawberry liqueur in the refrigerator or freezer. It will not freeze thanks to the presence of pure alcohol and sugar.