Have you been searching for an easy weeknight dinner that tastes delicious but doesn't require a lot of effort? Then try this simple honey Dijon chicken recipe! Because it's baked, honey Dijon chicken is a healthy way to enjoy chicken. Juicy, tender chicken breasts are slathered in a phenomenal glaze made from mustard, honey, garlic, and butter. It's an irresistible dish that goes well with a variety of sides like rice, roasted or steamed vegetables, but can also be enjoyed as a sandwich or sliced and put in a wrap for a lighter meal.
Start off by making the honey mustard glaze. Melt the butter and lightly saute the garlic until it becomes fragrant. This should only take 30 to 45 seconds. Whisk in the mustard and honey, plus a little salt and pepper. Once the mixture begins to reduce, remove it from the heat. Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place them in a baking dish lined with foil and pour the glaze over them.
Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, baste it with the glaze, then bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Let it rest for a few minutes before serving – this will help it to taste ultra-moist and tender.
Altogether, the chicken should take about 30 to 35 minutes to cook. You'll remove it from the oven halfway through to baste it with glaze to help keep it moist and infuse it with flavor. The chicken is done cooking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Don't overcook it otherwise it might dry out.
– For maximum ease, use skinless, boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can use any cut you prefer, but the chicken may take a little longer to cook.
– Don't use too large a pan otherwise the chicken might burn.
– To make a creamy glaze, add a little milk or heavy cream to the sauce before pouring it over the chicken breasts.
– Don't have Dijon mustard on hand? No problem! Use wholegrain, honey mustard, spicy brown, or French mustard. You can even use hot mustard to add a kick to this mouthwatering dish.
– Take this dish to the next level by garnishing it with some fresh chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, or parsley.
– You can also cook honey Dijon chicken breasts in an air fryer. Heat your air fryer to 350°F. Make the glaze as directed in the recipe, then pour it over the chicken. Spray the inside of your air fryer with cooking spray then arrange the chicken in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes and serve.
Serve your honey mustard chicken with a side of rice, cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes, and some steamed veggies or roasted ones such as roasted broccoli and potatoes. You may want a basket of homemade dinner rolls or some crusty bread to help mop up the sauce as well!
Place leftover honey mustard chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking dish with foil and let the dish heat in the oven.
In a small pan, melt the butter.
Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 to 45 seconds.
Stir in the Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
Add in the honey and simmer the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until it has reduced slightly.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Take the baking dish out of the oven and arrange the chicken in the dish, spacing them evenly in it.
Pour the glaze over the chicken.
Bake the chicken for 15 minutes.
Baste the chicken and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.