- Skirt “flank steak” 650 gr or
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Salt 1 tbsp • 1 kcal
- Dry red wine 1/2 cup
- Balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce 1/4 cup
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Honey bee 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire Sauce 1 tsp
"London broil" is not a cut of meat but a way to prepare the meat. Usually prepared with "top round steak" but also prepared with "flank steak" or "sirloin steak". The secret of a good "London broil" is in the marinade and cut the meat thin and against the fiber. The rest is excellent for sandwiches the next day. It can also be served with gravy. This recipe includes a marinade with wine and vinegar which causes the meat to become much more tender and provides the basic flavors for delicious meat. Meat should be cooked hot and quick and no more cooked than medium. About cooking the meat puts it hard no matter how long it is marinating. Once ready, remove from the barbecue, let stand for 5 minutes and cut into thin chips against the fiber.
When it comes to the frying pan, you have to go for a cast iron or tri-ply stainless steel. Both are thick and heavy, meaning they do not have hot spots and cook more evenly than thin metals like aluminum. When it comes to meat, choose a raw fillet, the traditional cut used for the London Broil. An intense red color indicates that the meat probably comes from a young animal that was not stressed, which translates into tenderness on the table.
- This recipe is extremely simple to prepare but requires considerable time. The first thing to do is prepare the piece of meat. Remove excess grease, wash and dry.
- Crush the garlic; season with salt and pepper and garlic.
- In a small mixing bowl, add red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well and cover the meat with this mixture. Rub the meat, all the meat should be covered.
- Put the meat in a deep container, cover with foil and store in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 250 C
- In a roasting pan, put the meat and with a kitchen brush again varnish the meat.
- Bake at 250 C for 15 minutes, time must be precise, this allows the surface of the meat to be crisp and the center is medium term. If your piece of meat is small bake at maximum temperature for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- If you want the meat well done, bake for 30 minutes but at 100 C. In this case, apply a little more sauce with the cooking brush.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut with a sharp knife into thin slices. It can accompany with potato puree.