Old Bay Steamed Shrimp is an easy and healthy seafood recipe you can make in no time. Ready in less than 20 minutes, this recipe is perfect when you want to enjoy a tasty dish with minimal effort. Shrimp need very little time to cook, so steam them for 5 minutes until they're pink.
Deveined shrimps are tenders and seasoned with Old Bay seasoning. Customize the recipe as you prefer by using your favorite ingredients and seasonings. Serve these zesty steamed shrimp either as an appetizer or as a light meal together with cocktail sauce or a salad for a delicious lunch with family and friends.
– You can add onions like in the Maryland style recipe.
– Try the Chinese-style steamed shrimp by adding oriental ingredients such as ginger and soy sauce.
– For a more flavorful recipe, you can brush the shrimp with butter.
– You can replace the Old Bay seasoning with the Cajun one.
In a saucepan, pour the water, vinegar and Old Bay seasoning. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
Switch to medium heat, cover and steam for up to 5 minutes. Drain and serve.
– You can also make shrimp in the Instant Pot using the steam function.
– To devein shrimp, cut off the back shell part with scissors until you see the vein. Once the shrimp are cooked, it will be easier to devein them.