- Powdered sugar 4 tbsp
- Refined flour ½ cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1 1/2 tbsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil 2 1/2 tbsp
- Egg 1 large • 130 kcal
- Full fat milk 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Boiling water 2 tbsp
- For frosting
- Softened unsalted butter 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar 1 tbsp
It is such a luxury to enjoy this delectable super duper easy to prepare and (kind of) instant chocolate cake at the comfort of your home without even stepping out of the door!
You have no idea how much joy you will bring to your household by presenting your family a surprising treat of chocolaty goodness…
Nutritional information (per serving): 215 Calories, 15.4g Total fat (6.1g Saturated fat, 2.2g Polyunsaturated fat, 6.1g Monounsaturated fat), 53.9mg Cholesterol, 167.8mg Sodium, 91.4mg Potassium, 17.2g Total carbohydrates (1g Dietary fiber, 6.7g Sugars), 3.3g Protein
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and prepare a baking dish by lining it with butter paper.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients well until evenly mixed and homogenous in appearance.
- Break the egg into a separate bowl carefully so that it does not have any bit of egg shells in it.
- Add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix all the ingredients well with a ladle or a spatula, until the mixture is smooth in consistency.
- Add the boiling water and whisk the mixture again while moving your hands in one direction until the mixture is smooth and runny in consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter in to the prepared baking dish and bake the chocolate cake in an oven at 180 degrees C for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cake cooks at the center. You may check with a toothpick.
- Remove the cake from oven, let it cool and then peel off the cake from the butter paper.
- Now, begin preparing the frosting. In a dry bowl, whip the butter, cocoa powder and sugar together in one direction until light and fluffy in texture.
- Evenly spread the frosting over the cooled cake, refrigerate the cake for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
- You may check the degree of doneness of the case by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes clean with either nothing or just some tiny bits sticking to the toothpick then the cake is baked/ cooked.
- Instead of lining with butter paper you may alternatively line the baking tray with aluminum foil or grease with about ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- You may also use an electric blender to blend the ingredients instead of using a ladle or a spatula.
- Move your hands or gadgets in one direction only while mixing the ingredients.
- Make sure there are no egg shells present along with the broken whole eggs.
- You may replace vanilla extract with vanilla essence a well in similar quantities.
If required, you may use low fat milk instead of full fat milk and low fat butter instead of the regular one.
- Do not over mix the cake batter.
- Make sure you cool down the baked cake well enough before spreading frosting over it.