- unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped 1 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup • 717 kcal
- granulated sweetener 3/4 cup
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- pure vanilla extract 1 tsp
- espresso powder 1 tsp
- Large eggs 3
- Cocoa powder 1/2 cup
- For the frosting
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Chocolate chips 1 ¼ cups
For a luxurious, rich dessert with plenty of decadent chocolate flavor that you can enjoy on a low-carb diet, nothing beats keto flourless chocolate cake. This simple recipe uses many pantry staples and is also easy to tweak to suit a paleo or gluten-free lifestyle. This keto chocolate cake boasts a dense fudgy texture and is oh-so chocolatey. There's no flour in this recipe, so it's a great alternative to classic chocolate cake to make if you're out of flour but are in the mood for an incredible dessert. This beautiful cake will be a hit with everyone whether they're on the keto diet or not.
How to Make the Best Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
You can make this kept flourless chocolate cake in few steps. Start by melting and whisking the butter and chocolate, then add the sweetener, vanilla, and espresso to combine. Beat one egg at a time and pour in the cocoa powder. Pour the batter into a cake tin and bake for 25 minutes, then coat it with chocolate frosting and serve.
How to Serve Keto Chocolate Cake
Enjoy your flourless keto chocolate cake with some keto-friendly ice cream, low-carb whipped cream, or a drizzle of sugar-free caramel sauce. Serve it at room temperature.
Tips for Making the Best Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
– When lining the cake tin with parchment paper, leave excess on the sides so you can easily remove the cake after baking.
– Make sure your ingredients are room temperature before you start baking.
– Use chocolate that's approved for the keto diet when making this recipe.
– Erythritol is the go-to sweetener for many keto recipes.
– Don't overmix the cake batter or the cake will become tough and dense.
– The subtle flavor of coconut milk used in the frosting is amazing, but you can pick up a store-bought low-carb version if you prefer.
– To make a dairy-free version of this cake, swap butter for your favorite dairy-free substitute.
– To make a vegan, gluten-free flourless chocolate cake, you'll need the following: 2 ½ cups rolled oats, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, ¾ cup erythritol, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 flax egg, 1 cup of the dairy-free milk of your choice, and 1/3 cup coconut oil. Beat all the ingredients in a large bowl until smooth, then pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
– You can make keto flourless chocolate cake in a mug for single-serve portions. Simply divide the batter into mugs and microwave them for about 50 seconds to 1 minute, depending on your microwave.
How to Store Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
Place your cake in an airtight container. Put it in the fridge and enjoy it within 2 weeks. To keep your keto chocolate cake longer, pop it in a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a cake tin with cooking spray, then line it with parchment paper.
Melt the butter and chocolate, then whisk until smooth.
Add the sweetener, vanilla, and espresso, stirring to combine.
Beat one egg at a time into the mixture.
Pour in the cocoa powder.
Stir until just combined.
Spread the batter into the cake tin.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until a light crust forms. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool completely before removing it from the tin.
Meanwhile, combine coconut milk and chocolate chips for the frosting.
Once cool, remove the cake from the tin and frost it.
Serve and enjoy.
– Use high-quality cocoa powder for this recipe.
– The espresso will intensify the chocolate without adding a coffee flavor to the cake – don't be tempted to leave it out of the recipe!