The slushie has just a slight note of booze, but you can modify it to either contain higher levels of alcohol or none at all. Either way, you are sure to enjoy the drink.
One other great thing about this slushie is that it is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you most likely already have in your home. However, the watermelon has to be cut and frozen for at least 4 hours – but not even that can dissuade us from enjoying this delicious slushie!
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup chilled (preferably frozen) vodka
- Lemon or lime wheels and mint sprigs for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice and sugar until dissolved.
- Arrange the cut watermelon in a 9 x 13 baking dish and then pour the sugar-lime juice.
- Freeze this for at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Blend the frozen mixture in a blender along with the vodka until slushy.
- Serve in glasses and garnish with lime wheels and mint sprigs.
You can modify this basic recipe to be fit for kids by losing the alcohol. You can also sprite things up by adding your favorite flavors and adding more exotic garnishes.
Keep in mind that "less is always more!" Enjoy!