Packaged foods have become a part of our daily grocery requirements. Right from the breakfast cereal that we eat every day to the loaf of bread, everything is manufactured and packed to ease our life. Did you know that there are certain packed foods that have pretty low sodium content and can be used guilt free?
Packaged food holds a bad reputation for being extremely unhealthy because of the many preservatives and artificial ingredients added to them to maintain a long shelf live and sustainability of the product. Sodium is one such element, which is added in large quantities to preserve packaged food from getting spoilt too soon.
Yet, there are still a few varieties of packaged foods that are surprisingly low in the sodium content and you may serve them to your family without any stress. It has been reported that a shocking seventy five percent of the sodium in our diet comes only from the processed foods that we eat. Here is the list of those few processed yet flavorful food products that will cater to your tastes buds minus the excess salt content.
- Kashi Organic Autumn Wheat Cereal. These organic whole wheat biscuits are perfect to be enjoyed in between the meals without worrying about excessive sodium intake. This is a no sodium alternative to the otherwise high sodium food products.
- Dell’Amore Original Recipe Premium Marinara Sauce. Dell’Amore is a pretty healthier alternative to the sodium laden popular varieties available in the market.
- Swanson Unsalted Cooking Chicken Stock. It is a 100% natural preparation without any antibiotics and provides only 130mg of sodium per cup.
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread. This bread is made up of organic grains, low in glycemic index, and is prepared without any preservatives and trans fats. Each slice of this bread provides only 75mg of sodium.
- Wild Planet No Salt Added Skipjack Wild Tuna. Prepared with 100% tuna, wild planet provides only 65mg sodium per two ounces.
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Sensuous, Slathering Sauce. This is a tangy and lesser sweet alternative to the other brands and provides only 177mg of sodium in two tablespoons.
- 365 Everyday Value Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs. These bread crumbs are made from fresh bread and are 100% salt free that means contains 0mg sodium.
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Creamy Peanut Butter Unsweetened & No Salt. This organic variety of peanut butter is extremely healthy and has zero sodium content and provides merely 1g natural sugar in every two tablespoons.