- Large baking potatoes 4
- Butter, melted, divided 2 tbsp
- Paprika 1/8 tsp
- Fresh parsley, minced 1 tbsp
- Salt as much as needed • 1 kcal
- Pepper as much as needed
If you've never tried scored potatoes before, you're in for a treat. This incredibly easy to make recipe is a mouthwatering spin on the old school baked potato. By slicing them in half and scoring the surface, the potatoes are able to soak up all the delicious seasonings, making the end result impossible to resist. Scored potatoes are a wonderful side you can make any day of the week, they're so crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. There's so little prep involved and the finished product is so tasty, don't be surprised if this becomes a fast favorite.
How to make Scored Potatoes
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Take a sharpened knife and cut the potatoes lengthwise. Slice across the width of each half 5 to 6 times, making sure not to cut all the way through the potato.
Put the potato halves in a baking dish. Dip a pastry brush in melted butter and brush each half.
Season potatoes with parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Bake the potatoes for 50 minutes, or until they become tender. Remove from oven and top with
- Russet potatoes are perfect for this recipe, but any large baking potato will do.
- You can customize this recipe as you please, swapping paprika and parsley for your favorite herb and spice combinations. Try versions with Italian seasoning, lemon butter, herbes de Provence, or your go-to spice mix.