As the temperatures start to drop, many of us are looking for wholesome, nutritious recipes to cook over the winter months. Enter slow cooker pork chops. This mouthwatering recipe is so simple to cook and is a great hearty meal for those cold winter evenings. Slow cooking the pork yields exceptionally tender, juicy meat while the creamy, ultra-flavorful gravy takes this dish to the next level. You'll definitely want a generous helping or two of mashed potatoes to soak it all up. Don't be surprised if this easy pantry meal becomes a favorite your family requests all year round!
If you're cooking the pork chops on your slow cooker's low setting, they'll take about 6 to 7 hours to cook through. On the high setting, your chops will be ready to eat in 3 to 4 hours.
– The key to great-tasting slow cooker pork chops is to season them well. Be generous with your seasonings before popping the pork into your slow cooker.
– Slow cooking keeps the meat tender and juicy, so if you're able to cook your pork chops on a low setting, do so.
– Mashed potatoes are always a popular option when deciding what to serve with pork chops, but you can also serve them with rice. Make a salad to enjoy as a light side and get some greens on the table.
– Either bone-in or boneless pork chops work for this recipe. Go with whatever your family loves best.
– If you don't have any ranch dressing mix on hand, Italian seasoning tastes great, too!
Mix the garlic powder, pepper, and ranch dressing mix together in a small bowl. Season both sides of the pork.
Pour the brown gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, and beef broth into a large slow cooker. Whisk well. Place the pork chops in the slow cooker.
Lid the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
After the pork has cooked, remove, and place on a plate to rest. Whisk the cornstarch with water, then add to the gravy. Stir well to combine.