- For the soft base
- eggs at room temperature 2
- Flour type 00 120 gr (1 cup)
- Melted butter 60 gr
- Granulated sugar 100 gr (1/2 cup)
- Fresh cream 70 ml (1/3 cup)
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Lemon 1
- Baking yeast 6 gr (1 ⅓ tsp)
- Potato starch 30 gr
- For the cream
- Ricotta cheese 250 gr (1 cup) • 140 kcal
- fine granulated sugar 90 gr (1/3 cup)
- For decoration
- Strawberries 400 gr
- Powdered sugar
- Mint leaves
The soft strawberry tart is a greedy and good-looking dessert, ideal for the spring season. A soft and light base baked in a special tart mold is filled with a delicate ricotta cheese cream and fresh strawberries. Perfect for any occasion, from a snack to a birthday party, it is a very simple cake to prepare that will be very popular with adults and children. So let’s find out how to make the strawberry tart by following our recipe step by step.
How to make the Soft Strawberry Tart
Break the eggs in a bowl and, using the electric whisk, work them with the granulated sugar for a few minutes (1).
Add the cold melted butter (2), continuing to beat with the whips.
Add the grated lemon zest (3), the vanilla and then the salt.
At this point, add the flour, sifted together with the potato starch and baking yeast (4), alternating it with the cream.
Pour the mixture into a greased and floured tart mold and level with a spatula (5). Bake the base at 170 degrees C and cook for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn it upside down and let it cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, prepare the ricotta cheese cream; in a container with high sides, collect the ricotta cheese and the granulated sugar (6). Beat with an electric whisk at maximum speed for 2-3 minutes and then transfer the cream into a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle.
Fill the soft tart base with a layer of ricotta cream (7).
Make sprigs of cream as you like and alternate them with fresh strawberries, cut in half, and mint leaves (8).
Decorate the soft strawberry tart with a pinch of powdered sugar and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes before serving (9).
– For this recipe, use a 22 centimeters diameter tart pan, well buttered and floured (if you prefer, you can also line the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper). It is important that the pan has the appropriate part, so that, once turned upside down, you will get a slightly hollow base to be stuffed as you like.
– Since the peel is used, buy organic citrus fruits that are not chemically treated; be careful not to get the white part, responsible for the bitter aftertaste. If you like, instead of lemon, you can add orange peel, vanilla seeds, a pinch of ground cinnamon.
– You can flavor the cream with cocoa or coffee, or enrich it with dark chocolate chips. The ricotta cheese cream can be replaced with a mascarpone cream and strawberries with mixed berries or another type of fruit.
– If you love desserts with strawberries, try other simple and delicious recipes starring the sweet spring fruit.
How to store the Soft Strawberry Tart
You can store the soft strawberry tart in the refrigerator, in a special airtight container, for about 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it, whole or sliced, and consume it within 1-2 months.