- Flour 600 g
- Milk 250 ml • 49 kcal
- Sugar 80 g • 470 kcal
- Oil 40 g
- Dry yeast 7 g
- Egg 1 • 130 kcal
- Salt a pinch • 1 kcal
- Strawberries 500 g
- Sugar 200 g • 470 kcal
- gelatin powder (melt it in the tbsp water) 1 tbsp
- Whipped cream 150 g
Fruit desserts are always such an impressive dish to serve to guests. Sweet fruit, soft pastry, and a serving of whipped cream…what more do you want? This strawberry brioche tart recipe is similar to a classic strawberry tart. And while it looks elegant and fancy, it’s pretty simple to make. First, a brioche dough is made, and then the filling which is a simple strawberry compote. The dough is braided, filled, and baked to perfection. You get the soft texture of the pastry, with added sweet strawberry flavor. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, and you’ve got a delicious dessert ready to go. Juicy strawberry tart with whipped cream, the perfect combination of flavors in one delicious cake.
How to make Strawberry Brioche Tart
To make this strawberry brioche tart is easier than you may think. Start by making the brioche dough: mix the dry yeast, salt and sugar in warm milk, then add the flour, egg and oil. Let the covered dough rest for up to 2 hours. In the meanwhile, make the strawberry compote by boiling strawberries with sugar and gelatin. When the dough is ready, roll it out, braid it and fill in with strawberry compote. Next, bake it for up to 40 minutes at 180° C. Finally, serve it with a dollop of whipped cream.
– You can make this Strawberry Brioche Tart into mini tarts. Simply use a smaller measure to make a circle, and slice smaller strands, as the braids will be smaller. Remember to reduce the cooking time!
– Because the recipe is pretty basic, you can make different variations. Keep the dough the same, but make a fruit compote from apricots, blackberries, or even apples.
– If you don’t like fruit, you can even fill it with your favorite custard recipe!
– If you notice that the tart is browning too fast in the oven, cover it with baking paper or aluminum foil. Not all ovens are the same, so keep an eye on them!
How to store Strawberry Brioche Tart
The Strawberry Tart is best served fresh from the oven. But if you want you can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
The baked Strawberry Brioche Tart is not suitable for freezing, but you can freeze the unfilled dough.
To prepare the biscuit tart, first mix the dry yeast, a pinch of salt and the sugar in warm milk.
In a bowl, mix the flour with the mixture, then add the egg and oil.
Cover the dough and leave it for 2 hours.
Prepare a delicious strawberry mixture by boiling the strawberries with sugar and adding the gelatin, previously melted in warm water.
Once the dough has come in, roll it out on a baking sheet, 1.5 cm thick.
Place a smaller pan or pan in the middle, cut the strands from which you knit the braid.
Braid the strands along the edges of the dough.
Pour in the strawberry mixture, then bake at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Once the tart is baked, let it cool, then garnish with the whipped cream.
If you love baking (and especially if you like making pastries), you really should invest in a kitchen scale. Weighing ingredients is the best way to get the perfect pastry.