- White onion 1
- mixed peppers 1 cup
- Garlic 2 cloves
- shredded cooked chicken 3 cups
- fajitas spices
- Tomato sauce 1 cup
- wooden stick
We all love a good Indian samosa, but as many might know, it’s quite a hassle to make. This Tortilla Samosa recipe is an easier and quicker version of the traditional one. Instead of flaky dough, this recipe calls for tortillas. They’re cut and shaped to resemble the well-known triangular shape of samosas. And you only need a handful of pantry and fridge ingredients (onion, red peppers, cooked chicken). Each bite is just as crunchy and full of flavor—without all the effort! It’s also easy to customize the filling to your liking.
– Make sure to use a flour slurry to seal the tortillas. You can also use a mixture of cornstarch and milk.
– For a vegan and gluten-free variation, make a filling of potatoes, carrots, onion, spinach, and curry sauce. Use gluten-free tortillas, and make sure to use gluten-free flour in your slurry to seal the tortilla.
– If you don’t want to use chicken, you can also make a curried filling using lamb or beef, or even use a vegetable chickpea curry filling.
– You can make these tortilla samosas in an Airfyrer. Place the tortilla samosas (seam down) in the Airfryer basket and cook at 370°F for 6 minutes.
– To wrap them, use your hands to make a cone, fill the tortilla, then flatten to form a flat triangle. Don’t overfill the samosas, otherwise, it will be too difficult to seal them.
– If you’re looking for other filling ideas, try sauteed shredded cabbage, corn, rice, or cooked vegetables.
– To prevent food waste, these tortilla wraps are a great way to use up leftovers. Simply fill the tortilla cones with any leftover meal (dice any large pieces finely) and proceed with the recipe.
– These tortilla samosas are great for lunchboxes, so make some for school or work lunches. This is great for picky eaters!
How to store Tortilla Samosas
Store the cooked tortilla samosas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven to keep its crispiness. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave.
How to make Tortilla Samosas
Add the oil to a pan over medium heat.
Add onion, peppers and garlic to the pan and sauté.
Add shredded chicken, fajitas spices and crushed tomatoes.
Cut a tortilla in half, and in a separate bowl, mix together the flour and water to create a slurry.
For a triangular cone and fill the tortilla with the shredded chicken mixture.
Use the flour and water mixture again to close the triangle.
Place several samosas on a baking tray and brush with oil.
Bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC.
Place 2 triangles on a wooden stick and brush with pesto and serve.
You can also shallow fry the tortilla samosas in medium-hot oil.