- aperol 100 ml
- prosecco 150 ml
- soda, to top
- ice cubes
- orange slice, to garnish
The Aperol Spritz is a very famous Italian cocktail people love to enjoy all year round, especially during summer. This refreshing, bright orange aperitif is very easy and quick to make, no one can resist its bittersweet taste. It is made with prosecco, the orange aperitif Aperol, and topped with soda. Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy one of the top Italian drink.
Very popular especially in Northern Italy, the Aperol Spritz dates back to 1919, although its first traces were found at the beginning of the 19th century. It was only from the 2010s that this cocktail became successful also in the rest of the world, when it became the perfect brunch drink because of its original taste and low alcoholic content (11% ABV). Try the Aperol Spritz as pre-dinner sipping to get you immediately into Italy.
Aperol Spritz Ingredients
To make a perfect Aperol Spritz you just need four ingredients.
– Aperol: it's an orange-flavored aperitif marked by a mix of herbs and a hint of vanilla.
– Prosecco: it's an Italian sparkling wine. Use the dry one to avoid a too sweet drink. You can also try another sparkling wine such as Champagne or Cava.
– Soda: the unflavored one is perfect to fizz up the cocktail.
– Orange slice: use it to garish your Aperol Spritz and enhance the orange flavor.
How to make Aperol Spritz
To make an Aperol Spritz is easier and quicker than you may think. You don't even need a shaker because you mix everything in the glass. Add prosecco and Aperol, then top with soda and garnish with an orange slice. It's so simple, isn't it?
Tips for the Best Aperol Spritz
– To reduce the alcoholic content even more, increase the soda quantity and use less prosecco and Aperol.
– Aperol Spritz is famous for its bittersweet flavor. By adding more prosecco than Aperol, the drink will be less bitter.
– You can also try the non-alcoholic Aperol Spritz, equally refreshing and colorful.
– If you don't have prosecco, you can use another sparkling wine such as French Champagne or Spanish Cava.
What to serve with Aperol Spritz Cocktail
The Aperol Spritz is the perfect aperitif to serve during brunch or a light meal. Savory Mediterranean recipes are the ones that go best with this light drink. Choose among canapés, different kind of cheeses, cold cuts, or even vegetables such as a fennel salad or some bruschetta recipes.
Fill a wine glass with ice, then pour 3 parts of prosecco.
Add 2 parts of Aperol and top with a dash of soda. Stir gently.
Garnish with an orange slice. Enjoy!