- chicken leg quarters 4
- Butter 4 tbsp • 717 kcal
- seasoning of your choice to taste
Tender, juicy baked chicken leg quarters are a perfect budget meal you can enjoy during the week. Baked in the oven and with a quick blast at a high temperature towards the end, baked chicken leg quarters are moist, tender and juicy on the inside with golden brown crispy skin on the outside. The beauty of this easy dinner is that you can season the chicken leg quarters however you like. Pick your favorite spice or seasoning mix, sprinkle it over the chicken, then pop the leg quarters into the oven and bake. It's that easy! This tasty, healthy recipe is great for busy nights when you want an effortless meal that's packed with flavor.
How Long do You Bake Chicken Legs?
It takes a little over an hour to bake the chicken legs. First, you'll need to cook them for an hour in the oven at 300°F. Then, you'll bake them for another 10 to 20 minutes at 425°F. This helps them to finish cooking and crisps up the skin to make them extra tasty.
Tips for the Best Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
– For the best-ever crispy baked chicken legs, you'll want to leave the skin on. You can remove it to make a healthier version of this simple dish.
– Use seasoning mixes like Creole, taco, lemon pepper, Old Bay, poultry, or Lawry's, or make up your own mix of spices and dried herbs. Paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings are all great options. Or squeeze some lemon juice over the chicken legs and sprinkle them with salt and some freshly ground black pepper. The choices are endless!
– For ultra-moist chicken with perfectly crisped skin, bake the chicken legs in a baking dish covered in foil for an hour, then remove the foil to let the skin crisp up.
– There are plenty of great sides to serve with baked chicken leg quarters. Mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, vegetables such as roasted broccoli, rice, quinoa, or a simple side salad are all delicious with this easy roasted chicken dish. Don't forget to serve some crusty bread or dinner rolls as well!
How to Store Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
Keep leftover crispy chicken leg quarters in an airtight container or sealed bag in the fridge for up to 4 days. They stay fresh for up to 3 months when frozen.
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
Preheat your oven to 300°F.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or the microwave.
Arrange the chicken in a baking dish. Brush both sides of the chicken legs with melted butter.
Generously season the chicken with your spices of choice. Cover the baking dish with foil and place it in the oven. Bake for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, raise the temperature to 425°F. Remove the foil and bake the chicken for another 10 to 20 minutes or until the skin crisps and the chicken reads 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Use fresh, unfrozen chicken for this recipe.