For an easy party appetizer that is sure to be a massive hit, cook up baked garlic parmesan wings. Ultra-crispy and with a mouthwatering garlic and cheese flavor, these crispy baked wings are a healthier alternative to fried chicken wing recipes you may have tried in the past because they're baked rather than fried. The secret is in broiling the wings for several minutes once they're done cooking. This crisps them up beautifully, especially if you leave the skin on. Don't be surprised if this becomes your go-to way to make wings!
– Use a mixture of wings and drumettes for this recipe.
– Keep an eye on your wings when you start broiling. You don't want to overcook them!
This garlic parmesan sauce is easier than you may think. Stir the olive oil and butter in a saucepan until melted, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Finally, stir in the smoked paprika, chili flakes, half the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes to have a tasty garlic parmesan sauce.
Because they're made in the oven, these crispy baked garlic parmesan wings are healthier than deep-fried wing recipes. If you're looking to satisfy your craving for wings but want something a little lower in calories, baking chicken wings is the way to go.
– For an extra pop of flavor, garnish your baked garlic parmesan chicken wings with chopped chives or spring onions.
– Make sure to grate the parmesan yourself. It will melt more evenly into the sauce.
– If you don't have a wire rack, bake your wings on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.