- zucchini, shredded 2 cups
- large ripe bananas, mashed 1 cup
- Honey 1/3 cup
- coconut sugar 1/4 cup
- coconut oil, melted and cooled 1/4 cup
- pure vanilla extract 1 ½ tsp
- Large eggs 2
- Ground cinnamon 1 ½ tsp
- Ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Kosher Salt 1/2 tsp
- white whole wheat flour 2 cups
For a healthy, homemade loaf that's quick and easy to make, you'll love this banana zucchini bread recipe. This incredible-tasting bread is a mashup of banana bread and zucchini bread recipes, and features a variety of nutritious ingredients including zucchini, banana, spices, and nuts (if you decide to add them in), and uses whole wheat flour instead of white flour. It's lightly sweet, wonderfully moist, and makes a fantastic breakfast or healthy mid-afternoon snack that will keep you full without skimping on flavor.
Tips for Making the Best Banana Zucchini Bread
– Be sure to squeeze out as much water as possible from the zucchini.
– If you don't want to use oil, you can substitute in sour cream to make a deliciously moist loaf.
– Don't have a loaf pan? No problem! You can use the batter to make banana zucchini muffins.
– Use room temperature ingredients. They'll mix more easily.
– If your loaf is browning too quickly, you can tent some aluminum foil over it.
Banana Zucchini Bread Variations to Try
– Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to your banana zucchini bread for a tasty spin on this easy recipe.
– To make this tasty loaf vegan, use agave nectar instead of honey and use flax eggs instead of regular eggs.
– For a paleo or gluten-free version, use coconut or almond flour instead of whole wheat.
– For extra flavor, add lemon or orange zest, or sprinkle in fresh berries.
How to Store Banana Zucchini Bread
Keep leftover banana zucchini bread wrapped in cling film or placed in an airtight container at room temperature. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days. Freeze it for up to 2 months.
How to Make Banana Zucchini Bread
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, then line the pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides. Spray the parchment paper.
Wring out the zucchini, using a paper towel to soak up excess water. Repeat until most of the water has gone.
Beat banana, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a stand mixer.
Beat in the eggs.
Once combined, beat in the flour until just combined.
Set the mixer to the low and add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda.
Fold in the zucchini.
Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the loaf cool for 15 minutes.
Remove it from the pan using parchment paper. Let the loaf cool completely.
This recipe is easy to customize. You can use brown sugar instead of coconut sugar, agave nectar instead of honey, and ghee or vegetable oil instead of coconut oil, and so on. Be creative!
Test if your loaf is done by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. It should come out clean.