- Chunked chicken 2 cans white
- Cream Cheese 1 pound
- Blue cheese crumbles 1/2 cup
- Buffalo sauce 3/4 cup
- Cheddar Cheese 1 1/2 cups
This recipe is perfect anytime of the year. It especially makes a great ‘game day' snack for any sports fans in your life. While it should certainly be classified as an appetizer or snack, it is quite filling as it is loaded with chicken and served with chips. The hot buffalo sauce used in the recipe is nicely contrasted by creamy cream cheese and rich blue cheese. Topped with even more cheddar cheese, you can see why this dish is so rich and irresistible! Buffalo sauce was first served on wings at a bar in Buffalo New York in the early 1900's. Since then, the popular sauce can be found almost anywhere and we are definitely happy about that because this buffalo dip recipe is a total keeper!
- Finely dice or grate the cheddar cheese and then set aside for now.
- In a large skillet, mix the drained, canned chicken and the buffalo sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for one minute.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and blue cheese to the skillet and stir.
- Cook the dip for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. As you stir, break up the chunks of chicken into smaller pieces so that it more closely resembles shredded chicken.
- Pour the dip into a casserole dish or and small baking dish
- Cook in a 350 ̊F oven for 15-20 minutes or until the dip is bubbling around the edges. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm! Garnish with chopped chives
-Blue cheese dressing can also be substituted for blue cheese crumbles. 1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing will taste fantastic in this recipe!
-If you are opposed to using canned chicken, two medium sized, cooked chicken breasts can be used in its place. Shred the cooked chicken before adding to the pan with the hot sauce.