There's nothing like rich, creamy blue cheese dressing, especially when it's homemade! A little tangy, slightly sweet, with plenty of mouthwatering blue cheese flavor, it's a must anytime you're serving up buffalo wings or as a dip for party appetizers like pretzels, raw veggies, fries, or potato wedges – there are plenty of options! It's outrageously easy to make and has incredible taste. You'll never buy store-bought blue cheese dressing again! Serve it up in a nice and small bowl to impress your guests.
1. Using a fork, mix the blue cheese and buttermilk.
2. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder. Stir until evenly mixed through. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Homemade blue cheese dressing lasts 2 weeks when refrigerated in an airtight container.
Add a dollop of leftover blue cheese dressing to your burgers or use it as a substitute for mayo on sandwiches (it's especially good with roast beef!). Mix it into mac n' cheese or serve it with steak, or as a topping for a baked potato or green salad.
– Any blue cheese will do for this recipe, but it's better to use inexpensive options. Look for blue cheeses with a rich taste and creamy texture. Gorgonzola is a good choice but has a milder flavor. Stilton is the way to go for maximum blue cheese taste.
– For a milder flavor, use milk instead of buttermilk.
– Use less sugar for a tangier dressing.
– Add freshly chopped chives as a garnish for extra flavor.