- unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature 1 stick (1/2 cup)
- packed brown sugar 1 cup
- Large egg 1
- pure vanilla extract 2 tsp
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Kosher Salt 1/4 tsp
- semisweet, milk, dark or white chocolate chips, and/or chopped walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans 1 ½ cups
Chocolate Chip Blondies are treats that combine everything you love about a cookie and a brownie into one dessert recipe. This recipe requires only 7 ingredients, so it's even easier than regular blonde brownies. Use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips to make moist and delicious chocolate chip blondies all your own.
How to make Chocolate Chip Blondies
You only need 7 pantry staple ingredients to whip up a batch of chocolate chip blondies today. Start by aerating the melted butter with brown sugar. Mix the two together until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the texture is smooth. Then stir in the egg, combine well, and add the vanilla. Mix until the battery is fully smooth. Now, add the all-purpose flour and only mix until the batter is combined. Over-mixing the flour can cause tough blondies.
Finally, fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. Transfer the batter to an 8×8-inch baking dish and bake in a 350°F oven until they’re mostly set. The blondies shouldn’t take on too much color during baking. Cool the blondies and enjoy!
What is the difference between a Blondie and a cookie?
The difference between a blondie and a cookie is that blondes are shaped like bars, or brownies. They also have more free ingredients than chocolate chip cookies, and always hold their neat square shape.
Tips to make the perfect Blondies
– No one likes a greasy dessert. To avoid your blondies coming out greasy or oily, be sure to let the melted butter cool a bit before you add it to the blondie batter. Hot butter can cause the batter to separate.
– To keep your desserts from tasting too chewy or gummy, be careful not to overmix the dough. After you combine the wet and dry ingredients, only mix as much as is necessary to form the dough.
– To ensure your blondies come out perfectly moist, be sure not to overbake them. They should not turn dark in the oven (remember their name!). It’s best to remove them from the heat when there is still some softness in the middle of the pan. A toothpick inserted into the center of the blondies should still have some crumbs stuck to it.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg, beat until smooth, then add the vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Stir in the flour with a rubber spatula until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips and/or nuts if using.
Transfer the blondie batter to the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center still has a few crumbs stuck to it.
Cool the blondies on a wire rack before removing from the baking dish, slicing and enjoying.