Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake is a delicious variation of the classic no-bake cookie cheesecake. It is a dessert made up of a crunchy base of chocolate chip cookies, ready to welcome a firm and velvety cream cheese. Finely garnished with American cookie crumbs and melted chocolate, chocolate chip cookie cheesecake is perfect to serve at the end of a meal of an important invitation or a festive meal. Quick and easy to prepare, let’s find out how to prepare chocolate chip cookie cheesecake by following our recipe step by step and we are sure of the enormous success that this dessert will have among the diners.
Collect the cookies in a kitchen mixer (1) and blend them until they are reduced to a coarse powder.
Transfer them to a bowl, pour the melted butter (2) and mix well.
Pour the mixture into a 22 centimeters diameter springform tin, lined with a sheet of parchment paper, and level it well with the back of a spoon (3). Transfer the base to the refrigerator for at least an hour.
In a large bowl, whisk the creamy spreadable cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Dissolve the isinglass, soaked and squeezed, in two tablespoons of hot cream. Mix well and then add it to the cheese cream (4).
Also add the cream, whipped until stiff peaks, stirring gently with a spatula so as not to break it (5).
Incorporate cookies, coarsely chopped (6).
Spread the cheese cream on the cookie base, level well (7) and put back in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Decorate the surface with more crumbled cookies and melted chocolate, then refrigerate until ready to serve. (8)
– It is better to use a hinged mold with a removable bottom, about 22 cm in diameter; in this way it will be easier to take out the cake and prevent it from breaking.
– The cream in which the isinglass is dissolved must be hot, but not boiling. It is essential to perfectly dissolve the isinglass before incorporating it into the cream, to avoid finding solid pieces in it.
– Instead of chocolate chip cookies you can also use chocolate biscuits or any type of shortbread biscuits you have at home; instead of the creamy spreadable cheese, you can use ricotta cheese, robiola cheese or natural Greek yogurt.
– If you like, you can also garnish the surface with chopped strawberries, a sauce made from berries or some coarsely chopped hazelnuts.
– If you love this typical dessert of the American tradition, discover our recipes to make a flawless cheesecake.
Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator, covered on the surface with a sheet of cling film, for 4-5 days. Alternatively, it can be frozen whole or sliced for 1-2 months.