- Cold butter 1/4 cup
- All-purpose flour 1 cup + 2 tbps
- Sugar 1/2 cup • 470 kcal
- Chocolate chips 1 cup
- Large egg 1
- pure vanilla extract 1 tsp
Here's a little-known secret: you can make chocolate chip cookies without baking soda that are so incredibly delicious, you'd never know they were made without a leavening agent! These cookies are rich, gooey, and perfectly chewy, with super soft centers and lightly crisp edges. Whipping up a batch of chocolate chip cookies without baking soda is surprisingly easy. There are a few tricks to making cookies without a leavening agent. Using cold ingredients gives you a firmer dough so the cookies don't spread out too much while being careful not to overbake them means you'll get wonderfully chewy cookies. Chocolate chip cookies without baking soda are as delicious as the original versions – you're sure to love them!
Is it Possible to Makes Cookies Without Baking Soda Or Baking Powder?
Yes! You don't need a leavening agent to make great-tasting chocolate chip cookies. As long as you stick to the recipe, you'll be able to make phenomenal, chewy chocolate chip cookies without baking soda that rival the traditional recipe you know and love.
What Can I Substitute for Baking Soda in My Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
You can skip baking soda and baking powder altogether, but you can use self-raising flour if you have that on hand.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Baking Soda
– Keep your chocolate chip cookies fresh by storing them the right way! Keep your cookies in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks at room temperature.
– Be exact when measuring the flour for your chocolate chip cookies. If you don't use enough flour, your cookies will wind up thin while too much flour results in hard cookies. Use a kitchen scale for precise measurements.
– For softer cookies, use brown sugar instead of white.
– Don't be tempted to overbake the cookies. To avoid hard cookies, stick to a 10 minute cook time.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Baking Soda
– Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it off to the side.
– Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
– Sift in the flour and fold it into the butter mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips until the dough is just combined.
– Scoop the dough onto the baking tray. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
– Remove the tray from the oven, let the cookies cool for 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Use your favorite type of chocolate chips in this recipe. Milk, dark, and white chocolate are all sensational, and you can do a mix of multiple types for added flavor. While the recipe calls for 1 cup of chocolate chips, feel free to throw in extra.