Chocolate mayonnaise cake might be one of the easiest cake recipes out there. All you need to make this moist, decadent dessert is flour, sugar, mayonnaise, cocoa powder, water, and a little baking powder and vanilla. Unlike a classic chocolate cake, the secret to this amazing cake is in the mayonnaise. It gives the cake its rich, moist texture and is a perfect substitute if you don't have eggs or oil on hand. The recipe originated in the Great Depression when ingredients like eggs and butter were in short supply. It's super easy to make and tastes amazing – your family will love it!
If you don't have eggs or oil on hand, mayonnaise is the ultimate substitute. It contains both eggs and oil and can be used to make a moist, rich cake. You can't taste the mayonnaise, but when used to make a cake, it gives it a decadent texture and richer flavor.
– This recipe is perfect if you're in the mood to bake but don't have eggs. Because the mayonnaise contains eggs, you don't need to add extra eggs to the recipe.
– Full fat mayonnaise is best for this recipe and gives your cake the best texture.
– Don't overmix the batter otherwise you'll wind up with a dense cake.
– Use room temperature ingredients to ensure they mix evenly.
– To make a keto-friendly chocolate mayonnaise cake, use low-carb flour like almond flour instead of regular flour and substitute sugar for your favorite sweetener.
– To make this recipe even easier, you can use a cake mix instead of flour, sugar, and cocoa powder.
– This amazing chocolate mayonnaise cake is perfect for decorating! Use your favorite frosting – either homemade or store-bought will do, or garnish it with sprinkles or chocolate chips.
Place your cake in an airtight container and keep it at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl add the flour and water.
Add the baking soda and pure vanilla extract. Mix.
Add the unsweetened cocoa powder.
Combine the mixture with sugar.
Add the mayonnaise.
Beat all the ingredients to combine.
Transfer the batter to the baking dish.
Spread well the batter. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely before serving.
You can use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise for your chocolate cake.
Use a 9×13-inch baking dish for this cake.
You'll know your cake has finished baking when you can stick a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.