- Crab meat 1/2 cup, shredded
- Bread crumbs 1/2 cup
- White onion 1/2 large, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley 1,5 tbsp, finely chopped
- Egg 1 medium • 130 kcal
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise 1,5 tbsp
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Bread crumbs 1/4 cup, for coating
This is a super delicious and easy to prepare snack recipe that is perfect to be served at an impromptu party or a get together! If you are tied up at the meat part, you may also replace crab meat with other quick to cook meats of your choice like boneless fish or chicken meat.
So, try out this really amazing snack preparation and impress your loved ones with your cooking skills!
- Add the crab meat to a medium size bowl. Add half a cup of the bread crumbs, onions, and parsley to the crab meat.
- Carefully crack open the egg in to the crab meat mixture.
- Season the crab cake mixture with salt and black pepper powder.
- Add mayonnaise and mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Let the mixture chill for about 5 minutes.
- Put the remaining ¼ cup bread crumbs on a flat plate.
- Now, shape the crab meat mixture to your desire and coat it lightly with the bread crumbs.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non stick pan.
- Place the crab cakes carefully in the hot pan and cook it on both sides until brown in color and crisp on all sides.
- Repeat the process with rest of the crab cake mixture.
- Serve the crab cakes hot with the dip of your choice and enjoy!
- Make sure the crab meat is free from any bit of shell and impurities.
- The onions should be chopped really fine and there should not be any big piece of onion bit added to the crab cake mixture, else the cutlet might break open while cooking on the pan.
- Crack open the egg very carefully in to the mixture so that no piece of shell is added to the mixture. If you are not too sure of breaking it open perfectly then you may consider breaking the egg open in to another bowl first and then transferring it to the crab cake mixture.
- You may even prepare this recipe until step 2 up to a day in advance and then resume from step 3 before you plan to serve. If you wish, you may even prepare the recipe through step 7 a day in advance but just not add salt to the recipe and serve it with a salted dip or lightly sprinkle salt on the crab cakes while pan frying it.
- Crab cakes tastes best when served really hot!