Green almonds are the raw and freshly harvested variant of the most classic dried almonds. They contain numerous nutrients useful for our health, but also precious for the skin and hair care.
We usually know and consume dried almonds, and just few people have had the pleasure to see and taste the green almonds, the fresh ones that are available only in spring when they are harvested from the trees.
But why these almonds are so special?
Benefits for your health
Green almonds have long been known for their health benefits and some recent studies have shown their usefulness for skin and hair. Let’s discover all their properties:
- Green almonds are good for the heart: in particular the skin that covers the almonds contains many flavonoids, substances with antioxidant power. A group of researchers at the University of Tufts has shown that flavonoids work together with vitamin E by protecting the walls of our blood vessels from potential breakage or damage. As a result, by consuming these fruits, we can prevent dangerous cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks.
- Green almonds fight bad cholesterol: green almonds are one of the best foods to fight low-density lipoproteins, or the so-called bad cholesterol. Eating them regularly can therefore help to keep this value at bay.
- Green almonds are good for bones and teeth: the high content in mineral salts of green almonds is particularly beneficial for our teeth and bones.
- Green almonds keep blood sugar at bay: after every meal the glucose level in our bloodstream rises, but the sugar peak is not good for our health.
- Green almonds can help us manage the situation by regulating blood sugar level.
- Green almonds help the immune defense system: green almonds, rich in antioxidants and other substances useful to the organism, effectively support the work of our immune defense system and thus help protect us from diseases.
- Green almonds support the nervous system: thanks to the presence of magnesium and substances such as L-carnitine and riboflavin, green almonds provide fundamental nutrition for our brains and nerves.
- Green almonds promote weight loss: despite being caloric, green almonds can help in weight loss as they contain healthy fats and other substances that help the body metabolism.
- Green almonds are excellent for intestinal regularity: these almonds contain many fibers, essential substances to have a good intestinal regularity and therefore fight constipation.
Benefits for the skin
- Green almonds are anti-age: as we already said, green almonds are rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants. Therefore, they help to fight free radicals and other toxins in the body. This is also good for the skin that will be smoother and younger, if we eat them constantly. You can use them not only for internal use, but for example you can also buy an almond oil to use a few drops on the face skin every day.
- Green almonds are nutritious: thanks to the presence of vitamin E in almonds, the cells will also be nourished at the right point and for this reason the whole skin will be more hydrated and healthy.
- Green almonds are against blackheads and pimples: green almonds act as natural detoxifiers inside our body. It will also benefit the skin that could get a good improvement in case there are problems with pimples, blackheads or acne.
- Green almonds protect from sun damage: the daily consumption of green almonds fights premature aging, revitalizes the skin and it also has the ability to protect from damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
Benefits for the hair
With the help of green almonds you can counteract excessive hair loss. These fruits, in fact, are rich in vitamins, minerals and many other nutrients that nourish our hair at the root.
Where to find green almonds
The green almonds can be found only and exclusively in the spring months of April and May or during the harvesting period (you cannot preserve them for a long time, if they are not dried first). The best thing is to find a trusted manufacturer in your area that can supply you, you can go for example in the market closest to you and look for some farmer who grow almonds.
If you do not find them, do not worry! Continue to eat the most traditional dried almonds that have nothing to envy to the fresh variant. You can read these articles: