- Eggs 4 • 130 kcal
- Milk 4 tbsp • 49 kcal
- Chopped bacon 4 tbsp
- Green pepper 1/2 cup
- Feta cheese 100 gr
- Parsley 1/4 cup
- Salt • 1 kcal
- Ground black pepper
One of the foods I most like to cook is the frittata! It is that it is so versatile … you can throw it out of everything and it will always come out great! Also, you can eat at breakfast, at lunch or even at dinner … it's perfect! And here I leave my recipe for the last one I did.
This rich recipe is great for either a brunch or breakfast. You can make this a day ahead if you want to serve it for an early morning breakfast. Just reheat in the microwave. You may use any combination of cheese in this recipe, even non-fat.
- The Frittata is very similar to the French omelet, and like the omelet, its secret is a good non-stick pan. To prepare the omelet is essential to have a non-stick pan and a flat top to flip the omelet.
- Wash the green peppers very well, cut the pepper with a sharp knife on one side, remove the seeds and the white parts of the pepper.
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a well-heated pan. Place the peppers and mash them with a cooking spatula to cook the entire surface of the pepper. Let it turn brown.
- When the peppers are cooked through, remove from the pan and put in a dish with absorbent paper. Cut the pepper into slices and reserve.
- Place the bacon, well stretched on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes until they are well toasted. When the bacon is toasted, chopped into small pieces and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, bacon, parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat with a beater until smooth.
- Spray the nonstick pan with oil and arrange the pepper in layers and sprinkle with cheese in small pieces. Pour in eggs mixture and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Before turning the frittata, gently peel off the edges and drain excess liquid towards the bottom of the pan. Flip carefully using a flat top.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and serve with bread.