- Plain flour 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Egg 1 • 130 kcal
- Water 1/3 cup
- ham hock 1 and ¾ cups shredded ready-cooked
- Frozen peas 3/4 cup
- White pepper, to season
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbs
- crème fraîche 1/2 cup
- Mustard 1 tbs seeded
- Parsley 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf, chopped
Ham and peas have always teamed well together, and they are just perfect in these gourmet fritters.
Use frozen peas and ready-shredded ham hock to make this recipe super-quick and easy, and you can have these fritters on the table in under 20 minutes. Serve with a tasty fresh parsley, crème fraiche and seeded mustard sauce on the side.
Combine creme fraiche, seeded mustard and parsley in a bowl. Store covered in the fridge until required.
Whisk flour with baking powder. Make a well in the centre and add egg.
Gradually add water, whisking to form a smooth batter.
Add the ham, frozen peas, and a pinch of black pepper. Mix together.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
Drop large tablespoons of batter in the pan to form each fritter, and cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
Top with parsley. Serve with creme fraiche mixture.
* If you want to cook your own ham hock to use in this recipe, just simmer a 900g ham hock for 2 1/2 hours until tender. Cool slightly. Remove ham and coarsely chop.