If you’re looking for something different for dinner time, then you should try these Meat Rolls. With only a few ingredients, you can make crispy, meaty, and cheesy Meat Rolls, with all the meat flavor. You can use cubed steak for a cheaper alternative, or any cheaper cut of meat. The Meat Rolls are easy to make ahead of time. It will remind you of a combination between Beef Cordon Bleu and Chicken Fried Steak—rolled up, meaty and crispy, filled with the right amount of cheese. It’s the perfect dish to make to impress your guests!
– Top make these ahead: roll up the meat (uncooked), wrap them in plastic wrap and place the refrigerator. Then when you’re ready to serve, you can bread and fry them. They can also be frozen in this way. Thaw in the refrigerator. Allow to thaw completely before frying.
– This recipe works great with sirloin flap. For a cheaper option, choose cubed steak. You can use any other cheaper cut of meat, just make sure to flatten and tenderize it properly with a meal mallet.
– You can add different fillings to these Meat Rolls. When using spinach, make sure to cook, drain, and finely chop the spinach before using. Try and of the following:
– Sides that work well with these Meat Rolls are fries or roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato salad, green beans, or steamed broccoli.
– You can also bake these Meat Rolls. Simple give the breaded rolls a quick sear, and then bake in the oven for 15 mins until the meat is cooked through.
Use a meat mallet to even out thin slices of the beef (or use cubed steak). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place a piece of ham on top of the beef slice.
Add a piece of cheese to the meat and ham layer.
Roll up tightly. Repeat with the other slices of beef.
Whisk together the eggs and add salt and pepper.
Dredge each roll in flour, then dip into eggs and cover in breadcrumbs.
Repeat egg and breadcrumbs coating. Repeat with the other rolls.
Heat oil (enough for shallow frying).
Fry each roll for approximately 10 minutes or until deep golden and cooked through.