- sweet and sour 6 cl
- midori 4.5 cl
- Lemon juice 3 cl
- soda, to top
Midori sour is a sweet cocktail with a bright green color, perfect as an aperitif. Midori is a Japanese melon-based liqueur created in a Suntory factory: its name means "bright green" and it was introduced for the first time in 1978 at the "Saturday night fever" parties of Studio 54. The Midori sour is made of Midori, sweet and sour, lemon juice and soda. It is a sweet and fruity cocktail you can garnish and serve with maraschino cherry and a slice of lemon or lime. It is very easy to prepare, just pour all the ingredients directly into the glass and here it is your Midori sour.
How to make Midori Sour
Squeeze half a lemon and strain. Pour the ice into the glass.
Add Midori, sweet and sour, soda and stir with a cocktail stirrer.
Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a lemon slice. Serve and enjoy!
– For a more intense flavor, you can also add 3 cl of vodka.
– You can also replace the Midori with the melon liqueur you have on hand and the lemon juice with lime juice.
– To make an excellent cocktail, make the sweet and sour at home with 500 ml of lemon or lime juice, 250 ml of water and 250 ml of sugar. Mix all ingredients, pour into a bottle and use as needed.
– To make a refreshing drink you can make an iced Midori sour. Put the ingredients in a blender with plenty of ice. Blend until everything is well mixed and enjoy your refreshing cocktail.
– Among "sour" cocktails there are also Whisky sour made with whisky, lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg white, Vodka sour prepared with vodka instead of whisky, and Pisco sour.