- Crust ingredients
- Oreo cookie crumbs 3 cups
- Melted butter 1/2 cup
- Ganache ingredients
- Dark Chocolate 10 ounces
- Heavy Cream 1 cup
- Strawberries 20
- Oreo cookie crumbs for dusting
When strawberry season comes around, nothing is better than fresh, ripe strawberries paired with chocolate. This no bake chocolate strawberry tart is a simple and amazingly delicious dessert that you will be able to put together in just a matter of minutes. It is also easy to make one large tart or divide the recipe into 4 smaller, individual tarts. Whichever way you choose, the sweetness of the strawberries will compliment the rich, dark chocolate perfectly. With a simple cookie crust, luscious ganache filling and fresh berries, everyone will be sure to love this dessert!
- In a food processor, blend the oreo cookie crumbs to ensure that they are smooth and there are no large pieces
- Pour the melted butter in with the cookie crumbs and mix to for a dough
- Press the cookie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a tart pan. Put the pan in the freezer while you continue with the remaining recipe.
- Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl .
- To make the ganache, bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour over the dark chocolate.
- Which the cream and chocolate together until smooth. Set aside
Slice the strawberries however you choose- slices, dices or simply cutting them in half will all work depending on the look you would like your tart to have.
Remove the tart shell from the freezer and pour the ganache into the shell. Press the strawberries into the ganache.
Sprinkle the tart with oreo crumbs and place in the fridge until you are ready to serve
Cut the tart and enjoy!
-This recipe also works great with fresh raspberries or blackberries. You can even try a combination of berries!
-Serve with vanilla ice cream for an even more decadent treat
-Rather than sprinkling the tart with oreo crumbs, try using chopped almonds or chopped white chocolate as a garnish.