You may be surprised to know about the numerous health benefits that banana offers. If you are seeking a cheap, easy to carry, and highly effective tool to maintain your health then
visit your nearest grocery shop and pick up some fresh bananas. Here are 13 reasons to do so.
1. Muscles. Banana contains a high amount of magnesium, which helps in the contraction and relaxation of muscles, and it also helps to increase the lean muscle mass. High potassium level of banana is beneficial to recover muscles after a physical workout and also strengthens the muscular development, which assists in elongated workout sessions.
2. Anti-depressant. Bananas contain folate that is beneficial to fight depression and assists in the release of serotonin that makes you happy. Banana also contains tryptophan that is a precursor of serotonin and relieves anxiety, insomnia, irritability, aggression, and fatigue. This fruit contains norepinephrine that regulates stress and promotes positivity.
3. Sleep. The presence of tryptophan assists in relaxation and regulates sleeping pattern.
4. Water retention. Regular consumption of banana controls belly bloat as it increases the count of good bacteria that fight stomach problems and the potassium present in it controls problem of water retention.
5. Burn fat. Bananas contain choline that is beneficial to control belly fat as it works against the abdominal fat storing genes.
6. Satiety. Banana fills us up for a longer duration as it stabilizes the blood sugar level, thus controlling the untimely hunger pangs. Raw banana contains resistant starch that feeds good abdominal bacteria, suppresses appetite, and results in efficient fat oxidation.
7. Cholesterol. Banana contains phytosterols that are beneficial to lower the LDL or the bad cholesterol levels. Also, the presence of vitamin B6 in banana is beneficial to maintain a healthy heart, immunity, good digestion, and an efficient nervous system.
8. Digestion. This fruit contains prebiotics that helps to improve digestion. Also, the high fiber content of banana maintains the bowel motility in people of all age groups. Surprisingly, bananas are also beneficial against loose stools as it maintains gut health.
9. Provides energy. Bananas are a great source of easily digestible sugar that is important to replenish the energy levels after a rigorous work out session.
10. Fights cancer. Bananas contain an antioxidant delphinidin that has anti-cancer properties, which is particularly beneficial to control the growth of stomach cancer cells.
11. Blood pressure. Banana is low in sodium and contains high potassium content that is ideal to lower the blood pressure and maintain a healthy heart.
12. Improves vision. Banana contains two very important antioxidants, vitamin A and C, that not only maintains skin health but is also effective to keep the eyes healthy. Apart from this, the presence of lutein in banana reduces the risk for macular degeneration.
13. Detoxify. Bananas are a natural detox agent as it is rich in pectin that helps to maintain gut health and also reduces the amount of fat absorbed by the body.