- bacon, cooked and chopped 6 slices
- Corn kernels 3 cups
- All-purpose flour 1/4 cup
- sharp cheddar, shredded 2 cups
- jalapeno, minced 1
- Sugar 1 tbsp • 470 kcal
- large eggs, beaten 2
- butter, melted 1/4 cup
- Milk 1 cup • 49 kcal
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
If your family loves creamed corn and you're looking to put a new spin on an old classic, try making baked cream corn. This easy creamed corn casserole is rich, creamy, savory, and has a little spice to it, thanks to jalapeno peppers. Its taste is similar to cornbread, but with a lighter texture. It's a fantastic recipe that creates next to no mess and is great for feeding a crowd. This delicious dish makes a great side dish for hearty dinners, holidays, and other large gatherings.
Creamed Corn Casserole Ingredients
Corn is the star of this easy casserole dish, and you can use any type of corn you have on hand – fresh, canned, or frozen. Bacon and cheese a savory element to this amazing side dish, while jalapeno peppers add a touch of spice. Milk and butter give baked cream corn its amazing texture.
How to Thicken Creamed Corn Casserole
To thicken your creamed corn, you can an extra tablespoon or two of flour to the recipe. If you're gluten-free, you can also add a mix of cornstarch and water to it or a little rice flour.
Expert Tips for the Best Baked Creamed Corn
– You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn in this casserole. If you decide to use frozen corn, make sure to thaw it out first.
– Don't eat pork or looking for a healthier alternative to bacon? You can use turkey bacon instead.
– There are plenty of other tasty ingredients to add to this recipe. Bell peppers, peas, sausage, cream cheese, and more make amazing additions. For extra crunch, sprinkle breadcrumbs or crushed crackers mixed with a little oil or melted butter over the top of the casserole before baking.
– You don't need to stick with cheddar to make creamed corn casserole. Parmesan, Gouda, and mozzarella are all delicious as well.
What to Serve with Baked Cream Corn
Creamed corn casserole is a tasty side dish that's great to serve on holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. However, it's excellent all year round when served with roasted chicken, pot roast, stew, steaks, and barbecues such as ribs.
How to Store Creamed Corn Casserole
Leftover baked creamed corn will last up to 1 week in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.
How to Make Baked Cream Corn
Preheat your oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook bacon in a pan for a few minutes.
Place corn and bacon in the baking dish.
Add flour and mix.
Stir in sugar.
Stir in 1 ½ cups of cheddar
Pour in butter.
Add in eggs.
Pour milk in the baking dish.
Transfer the mixture in a casserole. Season with salt and pepper, then stir.
Garnish with ½ cup of cheddar.
Bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Grate the cheese yourself for a more even melt.