- bone-in pork chops, ½ to 1-inch thick 4
- Cajun seasoning 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- Cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- Water 1/2 can
- Worcestershire Sauce 1 tbsp
- Garlic, minced 2 cloves
- Butter 1 tbsp • 717 kcal
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
For a simple comfort food dish that your whole family will love, make baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup for dinner. This hearty, flavorful meal is simple and quick to make, which is perfect for busy weeknights. Pork chops with mushroom soup are especially good in the winter when cravings for warming, cozy dishes are high in demand. The ultra-tender pork chops get their incredible flavor from baking in cream of mushroom soup mixed with garlic and spices. It's a mouthwatering dish that's sure to please!
How Long Do You Need to Bake Pork Chops?
Mushroom soup baked pork chops take a total of 50 minutes to cook. First, you'll need to brown them for a total of about 5 minutes, then they need a total of 40 to 45 minutes baking in the oven at 375°F.
What to Serve with Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup
This hearty, creamy dinner is amazing with a variety of side dishes. Serve it with rice, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a side salad. It's wonderful with fluffy dinner rolls or a side of mac and cheese as well! You can also try this baked pork chop and rice recipe.
Tips for Making Cream of Mushroom Baked Pork Chops
– If you want to make the most tender pork chops ever, soak the chops in milk for at least 2 hours up to overnight. Use regular or buttermilk. Marinating the pork chops in milk helps to tenderize them, making each bite melt in your mouth.
– For the best flavor, sear your pork chops before baking them. Not only will it make them tastier, but it will also help to keep them juicy.
– To ensure you don't dry out your pork chops, don't overcook them. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to tell when they've finished cooking.
– Any kind of mushroom soup will do, but for the richest, creamiest texture, opt for cream of mushroom.
– Baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup are a fantastic make-ahead dish. Make the recipe according to the instructions, then allow the pork chops to cool. Place them in an airtight container with the sauce and refrigerate. Reheat and serve within 2 to 3 days.
How to Make Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Season the pork chops with Cajun seasoning and black pepper.
Combine soup, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
Pour oil into an oven-proof skillet and heat over medium-high flame. Place the pork chops in the skillet and brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
Add some butter to each of the pork chops.
Wrap the skillet with foil and place it in the oven.
Bake for 30 minutes, then take off the foil. Flip the pork chops and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
Use the soup can to measure out the water.
You'll know when your pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.