- For the shrimp and cucumber bites:
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- creole seasoning 1 tablespoon
- shrimp, peeled and deviened 1 pound
- cucumber, sliced 1
- remoulade sauce (optional) 1 cup
- For the avocado sauce:
- avocado, mashed 1
- green onion, thinly sliced or chopped 1
- cilantro and/or parsley, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- salt and cayenne to taste
These healthy appetizers melt in your mouth and are perfect for a light meal. You will love these spicy shrimp bites served on top of crispy and cool cucumber slices along with a creamy avocado sauce.
1.Toss the shrimp in the oil and the seasoning and cook in a preheated (medium-high heat) heavy bottomed pan/skillet until slightly blackened, about 2-3 minutes per side.
2. Prepare the avocado sauce by mixing up all the ingredients. If you prefer, you can use guacamole instead of avocado sauce. Place the sauce on top of the cucumber slices and add the shrimp.
3. Serve the blackened shrimp bites topped with avocado sauce, shrimp and remoulade sauce.