- Coconut 1½ cups, unsweetened shredded
- Coconut oil ½ cup, melted
- Honey or maple syrup 1½ tbsp
Coconut crack bars is such a perfect snack for people on low carb diet! It can also be eaten as part of the breakfast with a large serving of your favorite smoothie.
No bake coconut bars recipe is actually more 10 minutes work and a perfect dessert to satisfy the sweet craving for people living on a low carb diet. Club these delicious bars with pineapple and coconut milk smoothie to savor delightful flavors of pina colada that will instantly transport you to the tropical heaven.
Nutritionally, this recipe provides Zero cholesterol and 3.3g fiber that will help to fill you up a little more than the most of the desserts that are loaded with cholesterol and have scanty levels of dietary fiber.
A word of caution, these no bake bars are very addictive and you would have to struggle to limit yourself to just one. Knowing so, I have already calculated the nutritional information as each serving size to include up to three medium sized bars.
These coconut crack bars have a fairly long shelf life, with almost a month’s time, if stored in an air tight jar in cold and dry place or may be a refrigerator.
So easy to carry, these bars can be turned in to a perfect treat for your child’s tiffin box. Just surprise your little one by jazzing it up with a few colorful bounties and you will be greeted with a loving smile when they come back home!
1. Lightly grease a loaf tin and then line it with a butter paper to at least 1 inch height.
2. In a large bowl, add the shredded unsweetened coconut and pour the melted coconut oil over it.
3. Drizzle any liquid sweetener of your preference and mix everything well to an evenly thick paste.
4. Transfer the mixture in to the lined tin and smoothen out the top by pressing it firmly either with the back of the spoon or lightly wet hands.
5. Transfer the loaf tin to a refrigerator and chill the mixture for at least an hour or until the mixture is well set.
6. Remove the long bar carefully out of the loaf tin and cut it in to pieces of your preference.
7. Serve and enjoy!
• Make sure the unsweetened shredded coconut is not rancid by tasting it before you progress with this recipe.
• Chill the coconut bar well, preferably covered, well enough before you cut it in to pieces.
Nutritional information (per serving): 425 Calories, 43.9g Total fat (38.6g Saturated fat, 0.5g Polyunsaturated fat, 1.6g Monounsaturated fat), 0mg Cholesterol, 8.6mg Sodium, 4.1mg Potassium, 13.2g Total carbohydrates (3.3g Dietary fiber, 8.1g Sugars), 1.7g Protein