Crispy baked avocado fries is an easy and tasty appetizer that you can make in no time. If you are looking for a crispy snack on the outside and soft, creamy on the inside, this recipe is the perfect solution to eat flavorful fries without guilt since they are much healthier than classic French fries.
The secret of this recipe lies in the Panko breadcrumb coating that makes the avocado slices so crunchy once baked that no one could resist. Serve these golden avocado fries with Chipotle dipping sauce or together with your favorite burger.
Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees F. Pour 1 tablespoon oil in sheet tray or baking dish; set aside. If you want, squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices to preserve the color when baking.
Dredge into the flour, then dip in egg and coat in panko breadcrumbs.
Place the slices on the greased sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining oil or use the cooking spray. This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the avocado slices are golden and crispy. You can drizzle with more oil if necessary.
Serve with a chipotle dipping sauce or your favorite dip. Enjoy!
– Use firm and ripe avocados for a better result.
– If you d0n't want to use your oven but are still looking for a healthy dish, cook the avocado fries in the air fryer.
– Feel free to add some spice mix to breading for a much flavorful appetizer recipe.
– For a keto and gluten free friendly avocado fries, replace the panko breadcrumbs with a low carb breading such as almond flour and parmesan cheese mix.
– Are you vegan? Leave out egg and use non dairy milk.
– If you don't like Chipotle dipping sauce, serve avocado fries with your favorite one, especially if it's spicy or tangy.
As other kind of fries, it is better to eat crispy baked avocado fries as soon as you can. If there are some leftovers, you can store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.