We all love to be surrounded by lovely aromatics and scents that not only heals our soul but are also therapeutic in nature. No wonder, the aroma therapy has been quite a hit amongst people throughout the world and we find lovely smelling accents all around… in the spas… massage parlors… etc. Read on to know about few essential oils that have a great impact on your well being and health.
Essential oils have been used for many years to enhance mood, improve cognitive skills, relieve heart burn and these oils blend easily with our daily wellness routine. In recent years, aroma therapy has been used extensively to address health condition such as digestive problems, insomnia, dental ailments, and inflammation.
You may use the following oils by diffusing them into the air with the help of an aromatic diffuser to be able to benefit from them.
- Lemon: essential oil of lemon is most popular one that is used throughout the world. Lemon oil is extremely high in the compound limonene that is beneficial in reducing symptoms of heart burn and can be used to dissolve the gall bladder stones. There are also studies that support its anti-tumor effects on patients with advanced stage cancers.
- Rosemary: it contains aromatic terpene molecules that have been reported to enhance memory, concentration, reduce a headache, aids in digestion, and heal lungs if you happen to catch a cold.
- Peppermint: it is a very inexpensive essential oil that helps to reduce brain fog, relieves a headache, reduces gas and bloating, and heals stomach.
- Clove: clove oil has vital anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It has been used for decades as an anesthetic for gums, teeth, and other dental problems.
- Turmeric: it has vital anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, immunity boosting, and pain modulating properties. Blend turmeric oil with any body lotion of your choice and rub it over any joint to cure joint pains.
- Coffee: the smell of fresh coffee brings an energizing sensation to a majority of the population. The carbon dioxide extract of coffee contains caffeine that stimulates the nervous system, used as a skin toner, lifts the mood, and energizes the body.
- Black seed oil: black cumin has antimicrobial properties that may be used to topically reduce the symptoms of psoriasis and eczema, particularly by Indian physicians. Black seed oil can also be inhaled to get relief in lung inflammation during asthma.
- Oregano: oregano oil is beneficial to cure flu and cold due to the high concentration of carvacrol present in it, which has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. This oil also cures an upset stomach due to its anti-inflammatory properties. One must not make regular use of oregano oil or ingest it and use it topically with great caution as it may irritate the skin or throat very easily.