Lemon gin is a very well known and appreciated cocktail, born as a variant of gin and tonic. The lemon gin is a refreshing drink and easy to prepare, perfect for hot days. To make it you need only 2 ingredients: gin and lemonade, with the addition of ice. If you prefer a bitter taste, you can use lemon soda, but this is is a basic cocktail with a pure flavor, so it should be prepared with lemonade and excellent gin. The quantity to use depends on personal tastes: the ratio of 1:1 will allow the making of an intense cocktail, while with a ratio of 1:2 you will prepare a lighter and refreshing drink.
For the preparation of the lemon gin you don't need a shaker. Fill the tumbler with ice, pour the gin and lemonade over it.
Stir gently and decorate with a lemon slice. If you prefer, you can also add a few mint leaves. Serve your gin lemon ready.
– To serve lemon gin use a medium tumbler or highball.
– The secret to a great gin lemon is the lemonade, or sweet and sour, so we suggest you make it at home. Dissolve 200 g of sugar in 1/2 liter of water and stir. Squeeze 1/2 liter of lemon juice, filter it and mix it with the water and sugar. Stir, pour into a glass bottle and store in the fridge for up to two days. You can also freeze it, maybe in ice cube molds.
– Lemon gin is the perfect after dinner drink, but you can also serve it as an aperitif to accompany meat dishes: gin goes perfectly with roasted meat and game, as lemonade helps to cleanse the palate, so it is best served with oily dishes and fried foods as well.
– In addition to the basic recipe, you can make variations of gin lemon. If you want to give a touch of sweetness you can add to gin and lemonade 0.5 cl of Sambucus syrup.
– If you want to give a strong aromatic touch, add cucumber bitter or crush 3 slices of fresh cucumber and add it to your lemon gin.